RUN N GUN / CHARLESTON
AGES: Boys Grades 4 - 8
LOCATION: The Lax Ranch, Daniel Island
USA Lacrosse Membership: Get your here USALACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
Appropriate for the beginner, intermediate, and advanced players. Participants are taught the fundamental skills required to develop into a complete player. The Run n Gun Camps primary commitment is teaching the game of lacrosse while providing a great experience and instilling a love for the game.
*Bring all equipment (Helmet, Gloves, Pads & Stick)
**Contact us if you would like to purchase or rent equipment
SCLA LX RANCH 1651 Oak Leaf St. Daniel Island, SC
PASSING AND CATCHING
• Proper hand placement and motion
• Develop and enhance your skill of passing and catching on the move
STICK PROTECTION, CRADLING & GRIP
• Learn grip and cradling mechanics
• How to maintain control of the ball at different speeds
•Learn proper ground ball form stationary and on the move
•Practice communication with teammates on the field
•Learn power foot, telescope aiming and following through
•Practice shooting, passing and catching
DODGING & DEFENSE
•Use dodges to maintain possession against defense
•Learn proper defensive stance, foot fire and agility
SCLA'S LACROSSE RANCH
1651 Oak Leaf St, Charleston, SC 29492
FROM MT. PLEASANT:
- Take 526 towards North Charleston/Savannah
- Exit Daniel Island #24
- Continue 1.3 Miles on Seven Farms Drive to Daniel Island Drive (Pass Governors Park on left, Publix on right, Family Circle Tennis Center on left)
- At 3rd light turn left onto Daniel Island Dr (Providence Baptist Church on Right/Holy Cross Episcopal Church on left)
- Continue 1.1 Miles to Oak Leaf St (Pass 5 stop signs, Berkeley County Library, Daniel Island School & Smythe Park/Lake)
- Turn Right onto Oak Leaf St and continue past the Crows Nest Community Pool.
- Turn Left at the end of Oak Leaf St. The Lax Ranch will be located on your right after 4 fields.
*Parking can be found alongside the road before you reach the fields and in front of the field 1.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS