TURBO / CHARLESTON
December 5, 2022 - December 14, 2022
December 5 - 14 | Monday & Wednesday
AGES: Boys & Girls Grades K - 4
LOCATION: The Lax Ranch, Daniel Island
DATES: 12/5, 12/7, 12/12, 12/14
TIME: 6:15 - 7:15
COST: $60 for 4 Total Sessions
Turbo Lacrosse is for young players who are ready to throw on the helmet or goggles. Turbo has a structured curriculum to enhance skill and knowledge in an engaging team environment.
Players will be placed on set teams with set coaches. Each session with start with a mini practice before a game.
EQUIPMENT: Sticks & Full Pads needed
CRADLING & GRIP
• Learn grip and cradling mechanics
• How to maintain control of the ball at different speeds
•Learn proper ground ball form stationary and on the move
•Practice communication with teammates on the field
•Learn power foot, telescope aiming and following through
•Practice shooting, passing and catching
DODGING & DEFENSE
•Use dodges to maintain possession against defense
•Learn proper defensive stance, foot fire and agility
Players will be placed on set teams with set coaches.
Each session with start with a mini practice before 1 game.
The season consists of 6 regular season sessions with 1 day of playoffs.
Games played on smaller fields and is 3 v 3 allowing for multiple repetition.
SCLA'S LACROSSE RANCH
1651 Oak Leaf St, Charleston, SC 29492
FROM MT. PLEASANT:
- Take 526 towards North Charleston/Savannah
- Exit Daniel Island #24
- Continue 1.3 Miles on Seven Farms Drive to Daniel Island Drive (Pass Governors Park on left, Publix on right, Family Circle Tennis Center on left)
- At 3rd light turn left onto Daniel Island Dr (Providence Baptist Church on Right/Holy Cross Episcopal Church on left)
- Continue 1.1 Miles to Oak Leaf St (Pass 5 stop signs, Berkeley County Library, Daniel Island School & Smythe Park/Lake)
- Turn Right onto Oak Leaf St and continue past the Crows Nest Community Pool.
- Turn Left at the end of Oak Leaf St. The Lax Ranch will be located on your right after 4 fields.
*Parking can be found alongside the road before you reach the fields and in front of the field 1.
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS